Paytm is one of the biggest e-payment and e-commerce portals that was started in 2010. The brand name is an acronym that refers to ‘Payment through Mobile.’ Alongside online shopping, brands contain a wallet and a payment gateway and if you are wondering how to add a credit card to Paytm, then this article is for you.
Paytm application consists of a virtual wallet known as the Paytm wallet. Account-holders of Paytm can add in money through their credit card and debit card or via net banking. Also, they can send or receive money through this wallet for the purpose of refilling it.
Money accumulated in a Paytm wallet can be used for paying for various services & products, including electricity bills, phone bills, gas, DTH recharge, water, metro rides, etc. It just makes life easier. Let’s take you on a step-by-step guide on how to add a credit card to Paytm!
How to Add Credit Card To Paytm In 6 Easy Steps
Paytm account holders can include money in Paytm wallets in just 2 easy ways! You can use your credit card either through the Paytm application or the official website. All you need to do is follow the simple steps below:
Step 1: Open the Paytm App Using Your ID
Download the Paytm app and log into your account using your registered phone number or email ID.
Step 2: Go To The Left Sidebar and select UPI & Payment Setting
Once you have logged in, go to the left sidebar, and it will display numerous options, including the option ‘UPI & Payment Setting’.
Step 3: Choose the Saved Cards Option And Proceed
You will be required to choose ‘saved cards’ options that involve debit/credit cards.
Step 4: Select ”Add New Card Option”
The next screen will show you a list of your added cards. Below it, there’s an option of ‘Add New Card’.
Step 5: Add your Credit Card Details And Proceed
Once you have selected the Credit Card option, add your card details and Paytm will deduct Re.1 from your new card to validate your card details. However, the debited Re. 1 will be refunded to your credit/debit card within the next 48 hours. Now, click on ‘Proceed’.
Step 6: Select Save Card for Future Payments & Confirm Payment
Now you just have to select the option to ‘Save this card for future payments and confirm the payment of Rs. 2 from your new card.
Once you are done with the above steps, your details are verified & your new card will be added to your Paytm account.
How to Remove Credit & Debit Cards from Paytm?
If you want to remove your credit/debit card from Paytm, then just follow these detailed steps to delete credit & debit card details from the Paytm application below:
- Open your Paytm account on the application.
- After this, click on the ‘Profile Avatar’ option from the upper left side of the screen.
- From the Paytm menu list, go to the settings option.
- After this, from the setting menu list, ensure to navigate to the ‘Payment Settings’ option & tap on it.
- After this from the appeared list, ensure to click on the ‘saved payment details.’
- Under this specific option, you will view all credit & debit card details that you have been using for the transaction purpose.
- Select the card you want to remove.
- Slide the selected card to notice the delete option in red.
- Click on the delete option to delete the card details permanently.
How to Pay Using Credit Card in Paytm?
Let’s make your transactions smoother than before. Follow the simple steps listed below to pay using a credit card in Paytm!
- Open the Paytm app and log into your account through your email ID or registered phone number.
- On logging in, you will be directed to a page that will contain various options, including the ‘Add Money’ option.
- You will need to select the mode for adding money from options like credit/debit card, net banking, and IMPS and mention the required amount that you want to add.
- On selecting the credit card option, you will be directed to a secured payment webpage, which needs to fill up your credit card details.
- The details that you are required to fill up are your card number, card name, validity, and CVV number.
- Account holders can save the credit card linked details, and the same shall appear in the transaction section. However, remember that you are required to enter your CVV number every time you use your card, even if you have saved the credit card details to maintain the gateway security.
- On entering the credit card details, you need to click on the submit tab to proceed with your transaction. After your transaction is performed, you are redirected to your Paytm account’s homepage with a transferred sum in your wallet.
Benefits of Adding Credit Card to Paytm
There are a lot of benefits to adding a credit card to Paytm. We’ve talked about it in detail for you to understand better. Let’s take a look at it!
- High payment security – Payment security is crucial when it is to online transactions. To make sure that all the payment transfers are securely processed, Paytm payment gateway utilizes anti-fraud technology for keeping things completely safe for their customers.
- Easy checkout with saved cards – With the Paytm payment gate, customers will get the choice to checkout simply with saved card details. It helps not just to lower transaction time but even holds the chances to assist customers in turning into regular customers.
- Global vault for saving card details – Paytm payment gateway comes with a global vault for the purpose of saving users’ credit card and debit card details on the secure cloud.
Summing up, Paytm allows easy addition of credit cards to its mobile app and website to enable seamless payments for its users. Saved card details provide convenience, security, and quicker checkouts during transactions.
Integrating credit cards with your Paytm account offers an efficient payment experience across services. We hope this article did help you, and if you have any further questions feel free to drop them in the comment section below.
1) Money has been transferred to my friend, who has no Paytm account. How will my friend receive the money in this case?
In case the beneficiary to whom you have transferred the money does not have a Paytm account, he/she will receive an SMS with the link to create their Paytm account. Note that if the individual does not make an account within three days of transferring the amount, the money will get refunded to you.
2) How to check if your Paytm payment is successful?
If you get an SMS from Paytm that informs you about the account balance deduction, then this means your transaction is successful. Ensure to also look for post-payment confirmation on your Paytm app. Also, you can check the passbook category of your Paytm application to keep track of all your transactions.
3) What charges are applicable to sending money through Paytm?
When you transfer your money through Paytm, it is completely free & the entire amount you enter gets transferred to the beneficiary without any penalty.