Train journey has been one of the major and life-saving sources of transport whether it is for business, vacation, leisure or pleasure, trains are the most suitable way to get around. With the hassle of long queues, it often gets stressful, but in this digital era, with the help of apps like Paytm, booking tickets for trains and other things gets a lot easier.
Although, sometimes, it may become a little troubling for us if our plans get dropped in the middle, and since most of us book tickets in advance, we suddenly need to cancel our booked tickets. With the help of Paytm’s in-app settings, we can effortlessly cancel the tickets that we have booked on the app by following a few simple steps.
So, let’s get started and learn how to cancel tickets on Paytm and hopefully get a refund, along with learning the cancellation rules and regulations.
How To Cancel Train Tickets On Paytm (Easy Step-By-Step Guide)
If you are one of those people who find difficulty in cancelling train tickets on Paytm, then here are a few simple steps that you need to follow to make your process easy and comfortable!
Step 1. Open The Paytm App And Click On The Side Menu
- The first thing you need to do is open the Paytm app on your smartphone and log in there with your credentials and then on the main page of the app, at the top left corner, you will see three horizontal lines.
- Tap on it and it will open a sidebar with multiple options, such as my orders, my passbook, payment reminders, and much more.
Step 2. Click On My Orders And Select Travel Tab
- From the multiple options available there, click on the ‘My Orders’ option. It will show you all the orders you made using Paytm and allow you to change or modify them.
- Out of all the different tab categories, the ‘Travel Tab’ is the one you need to choose, and it will let you know all the bookings you have made using Paytm.
Step 3. Select The Train Ticket You Want To Cancel
- The next step is to click on the train ticket you wish to cancel and then tap on the ‘cancel’ button to cancel it.
Step 4. Enter Your Details
- Here you need to provide your contact and PNR number along with the digital file that was given to you at the time of booking your ticket.
Step 5. Proceed With The Cancellation
- In this step, you will be shown the exact amount you will receive; it will not be the same amount you paid while booking; some of the amounts will be deducted as cancellation charges. Tap on ‘Proceed’ with cancellation.
- You will receive a pop-up message asking whether you are sure to cancel it, and to continue the cancellation process, just click on the ‘Yes’ option.
Step 6. Final Step Details
- Finally, after you click on yes, your ticket will get cancelled, and again, a success message of cancellation will pop up on your device as well and your refund amount will be credited to your Paytm Wallet after some days. Keep checking your Paytm Wallet balance on Paytm for the refund update.
Rules For Ticket Cancellation By Railway
While cancelling train tickets online, there are specific rules and regulations one should keep in mind so that the cancellation process becomes manageable and hassle-free. Following are the details which you should know while doing the cancellation process!
- E-ticket cancellation can be entirely done online and is not allowed at railway booking counters.
- If the e-ticket is cancelled within 48 hours or up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, railways will deduct 25% of the base fare, and if a confirmed E-ticket is cancelled less than 12 hours or up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, railways will deduct 50% of the base fare. Note that services and transaction charges for booking e-tickets are non-refundable.
- You can’t cancel e-tickets after the chart is fully prepared in such circumstances, you can file a TDR and claim your refund.
- If the confirmed e-ticket is not canceled also TDR is not filed up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure, there would be no refund.
- In the case of a RAC (Reservation against cancellation) ticket, a refund will not be processed if the e-ticket is not cancelled or TDR is not filed up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- IRCTC Cancellation Charges For Waiting Tickets – For a waitlisted e-ticket cancellation, there are no other deductions made apart from services and transaction charges.
- Tatkal Cancellation Charges – On Tatkal ticket cancellations, no refund will be granted as per the new laws but exceptions are made where the train is postponed or canceled by more than 3 hours at the station.
We hope this detailed guide gives you an understanding of the process to cancel your train ticket bookings on Paytm smoothly and get a refund easily. Also, we have pointed out all the railway rules and regulations which can benefit you while initiating the cancellation process.
Therefore, we advise you to use the Paytm app as there are no more hassles or delays in booking or cancelling your tickets, along with bringing your booking money back as quickly as possible.