PAYTM Postpaid has become quite popular among users who prefer ‘buy now, pay later’ services. It offers instant credit up to Rs 60,000, so you can make purchases and pay the bill later by the 7th of every month. It is also a very quick method that people can use to pay for whatever they want without having to use their personal bank account or any card. Plus, it is very easy to secure as well, so you don’t have to worry about your personal information getting lost or stolen.
However, if you wish to deactivate Paytm Postpaid services, follow this step-by-step guide to close your Postpaid account smoothly.
What is PAYTM Postpaid?
PAYTM Postpaid is a digital credit service offered in partnership with ICICI Bank. It comes in two variants – PAYTM Postpaid and PAYTM Postpaid Mini. With PAYTM Postpaid, you get a flexible credit limit of Rs 500 to Rs 60,000 that can be used to shop online, pay bills, recharge your phone and more. The best part is no interest is charged if you make full payment by the due date.
PAYTM Postpaid Mini offers a lower credit limit of Rs 250 – Rs 1000 but works similarly. Your repayment history is reported to credit bureaus to help build your CIBIL score. You can also track your daily spending in the personal ledger in the PAYTM app.
Why Deactivate PAYTM Postpaid Account?
You may want to deactivate your PAYTM Postpaid account for several reasons, such as:
- You are no longer using the credit service.
- The higher credit limit is confusing for you.
- You want to avoid late fees due to missed repayments.
- You have multiple postpaid services and want to simplify credit.
- You need a break from spending to manage your finances better.
Remember that before deactivating your Paytm Postpaid account, you should repay any outstanding credit dues first. This will ensure the smooth closure of your account. Also, transfer any PAYTM wallet balance to your bank account, as you cannot access the wallet after deactivation.
How To Deactivate Paytm Postpaid Account
Here we have listed all the steps you need to complete and do in order to deactivate your Paytm Postpaid Account and also some important things you need to remember before and after you deactivate your account. The things listed are very easy to follow. So, let’s get started.
Step 1: Clear Outstanding Dues
First, log in to your PAYTM app and repay the entire outstanding amount if you have any due. You can view your due amount in the PAYTM Postpaid section. Make the payment using UPI, debit card, credit card, PAYTM wallet or any other method.
If the amount is large, you can also convert it to EMIs. But clear the total payable before deactivating your account.
Step 2: Transfer PAYTM Wallet Balance
If you have any money left in your PAYTM wallet, transfer it to your bank account before initiating deactivation. Once your account is closed, you cannot access the wallet balance.
To transfer money, go to the ‘Payments Bank’ tab and select ‘Transfer to Bank’. Enter the amount and choose bank details. The balance will be sent to your account.
Step 3: Raise Deactivation Request
Once dues are cleared and the wallet balance is nil, follow these steps to raise an account closure request:
- Open the PAYTM App and go to your profile page.
- Tap on the Help & Support option.
- Select ’24×7 Chat Support’ from the following menu.
- Explain your issue and intention clearly.
- Request the executive to deactivate your PAYTM Postpaid account.
After doing all this, a reference number will be generated for your request. Make sure you take note of this for future correspondence.
Step 4: Wait for Account Deactivation
PAYTM will first verify no pending payments or tasks are under your account. Once confirmed, the executive will process the deactivation request and intimate you over email. This process usually takes 1-2 working days after you raise the request. Wait for the confirmation before deleting the PAYTM app to ensure a smooth closure.
Things to Remember Post Deactivating Paytm Postpaid Account
Once your PAYTM Postpaid account is deactivated, here are some things you should know:
- You cannot log in or use this account anymore. The associated login ID and password will cease to work.
- Transaction logs are stored for ten years as mandated by RBI guidelines for wallets. This is only accessed if legally required.
- Intimate ICICI Bank about the account closure to avoid any correspondence.
- For flexibility, consider alternate credit options like credit cards or other pay-later services.
Paytm Postpaid Alternatives
Here are a few suitable alternatives to consider for your credit needs:
- Credit Cards: Offer instant, short-term credit on purchases. SBI Card Unnati and HSBC Cashback are good options.
- BNPL Apps – Services like PhonePe, LazyPay, Gpay and Amazon Pay Later give flexibility on online purchases.
- P2P Lending Apps: Apps like Cashkumar and Moneyview allow borrowing money from friends or family without interest.
- Personal Loans: Take a loan from a bank or NBFC if you need a larger long-term loan. Useful for significant expenses.
Thus, deactivating your PAYTM Postpaid account is quite simple if you follow the proper steps. This ensures you can forego the service without hassles when required. Do share your feedback if you need assistance closing your PAYTM Postpaid account smoothly. We hope this article on deactivating your Paytm Postpaid account will be helpful.