Google Pay has become one of the most widely used mobile payment platforms in India. The app allows you to easily send or receive money, pay bills, recharge phones, etc., directly from your bank account using UPI ID instead of account details.
This provides faster and more private payments. This detailed guide will explain to you what UPI ID is, how to find it on Google Pay, modify existing IDs or create new ones, and how to use UPI ID securely for digital transactions. Let’s get started right away!
Why Should You Use UPI ID on GPay?
There are several key benefits of using UPI ID instead of actual bank account numbers for transactions on Google Pay:
- It enables near instantaneous and highly secure digital payments within seconds through the UPI infrastructure.
- Removes the hassle of adding beneficiary accounts to make payments. You simply share your UPI ID.
- Helps maintain privacy and security as your confidential bank details are never exposed during transactions.
- UPI IDs have wide acceptance and integration across countless online merchants and offline stores pan-India.
- Multiple UPI IDs can be created per bank account for improved reliability.
How To Find Your UPI ID on Google Pay?
Wondering how to locate your UPI ID On Google Pay? Follow these simple steps to find your existing Google Pay UPI ID:
Step 1: Open The Google Pay App
First, ensure you have the latest version of the Google Pay app installed on your Android or iOS device. Launch the app and log into your account if prompted.
Step 2: Go to the Profile Section
Now tap on your profile picture visible at the top right corner of the home screen.
Step 3: Access Bank Accounts
This will open your profile page. Here, click on the ‘Bank Accounts’ option.
Step 4: View UPI ID
Scroll down to see your UPI ID listed under the ‘UPI IDs’ section for each added bank account.
Step 5: Check Multiple UPI IDs
If you have created more than one UPI ID, tap the arrow icon next to your current ID to view others.
How To Change UPI ID on Google Pay?
To modify your existing Google Pay UPI ID, follow these steps:
Step 1: Access Manage UPI IDs
Go to Profile > Payment methods > Account. Then tap ‘Manage UPI IDs’.
Step 2: Create a New UPI ID
- Tap the ‘+’ icon to generate a new UPI ID. Select the suffix like @okicici from the available options.
- The newly created UPI ID will replace your old one. Repeat the steps anytime to change it again.
How To Delete UPI ID from Google Pay?
If you ever wish to delete a UPI ID from Google Pay permanently, follow the simple steps listed below!
- Go to the Manage UPI IDs section in the app.
- Tap the delete icon next to the UPI ID you want to remove.
- The ID will be deleted and can no longer be used for payments.
Security Tips for UPI ID on Google Pay
Here are some recommended tips to use Google Pay UPI ID safely:
- To prevent misuse, avoid openly sharing your UPI ID on public platforms like social media, forums, or websites.
- Do not save the UPI ID number as plain text in your phone gallery, notes, or other apps. This poses security risks.
- Carefully set transaction limits and enable payment notifications on Google Pay for monitoring.
- Frequently check bank account statements and Google Pay activity for any unauthorized or suspicious transactions.
- Always use a unique and strong UPI PIN while making payments. Do not share it with anybody.
- Consider using a different UPI ID for trusted contacts and unknown parties/merchants.
We hope it was easier for you to create and find your UPI ID in Google Pay. Finding and using UPI ID instead of sensitive account details can make Google Pay transactions instant, seamless, and more private. Just be sure to take precautions for payment security.
Have more doubts? Feel free to drop them in the comments section below. We will keep coming up with comprehensive and interesting guides like this in the future. You can keep in touch with us for amazing goodies like this. Have fun with hassle-free transactions!
1. Can you set the mobile number as UPI ID?
Yes, you can set your mobile number to be used as your Google Pay UPI ID by going to profile > bank account > manage UPI IDs.
2. How many UPI IDs can be created?
Google Pay allows the creation of up to 4 UPI IDs per bank account to improve payment success rate.
3. Can you change the UPI ID bank account?
When making a payment, you can select the bank account to pay from under the ‘Choose Account’ option. You can even set another account as primary in the profile.