BharatPe is a leading fintech company that provides digital payment solutions for merchants and businesses in India. Their QR code feature allows quick and seamless acceptance of payments from customers. Obtaining a personalized BharatPe QR code can help streamline transactions and improve business efficiency.
For merchants, BharatPe QR codes offer an affordable alternative to POS card swipe machines. Customers can simply scan the merchant’s code using the BharatPe app and pay directly from their bank account. This article explains the step-by-step process of getting a BharatPe QR code and setting it up for digital payments.
Understanding BharatPe QR Codes
A BharatPe QR code is a quick response or barcode that contains merchant payment details. Customers can scan this code using the BharatPe app and transfer money instantly to the merchant’s bank account.
This method eliminates the need for merchants to invest in POS machines and simplifies digital transactions without cards for customers. Payments happen directly between bank accounts using UPI.
Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining BharatPe QR Code
Any merchant with a business account can apply for a personalized BharatPe QR code. The prerequisites are:
- Having a current account, savings account, or e-wallet with any Indian bank.
- Completing KYC verification for your bank account and BharatPe account.
- Providing necessary business details and documents.
How To Get BharatPe QR Code For Merchants
Getting the BharatPe QR code is quite easy. All you’ve to do is follow the simple step-by-step guide listed below.
Step 1: Registering for BharatPe Account
- Visit the BharatPe website or app and click on ‘Sign Up’.
- Provide your basic personal details and business information.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
Step 2: Submit Your Documents
- Documents needed for KYC will include an Aadhaar card, PAN card, business address proof, etc.
- Login credentials will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID.
Step 3: Linking Your Bank Account
- Under ‘Account’ in the BharatPe app, choose your bank and enter details like account number, IFSC code, etc., to link your account.
- Your name, mobile number, and IFSC code need to match with bank records for successful verification. Linked accounts appear in the BharatPe dashboard.
Step 4: Generating BharatPe QR Code
- In the BharatPe app, go to the ‘QR Code’ tab.
- Click on ‘Generate QR Code’ and customize options like business name, transaction modes allowed, etc.
- Review and confirm the details.
- The personalized BharatPe QR code will be generated, and you can download it.
Setting Up BharatPe QR Code for Transactions
Planning to set up the BharatPe QR code for transactions? Just check out the steps below!
Step 1: Printing and Displaying QR Code
- Get multiple printouts of QR codes on paper for billing counters. You can also opt for customized QR code stickers.
- Display the QR code prominently at billing/exit spots. But avoid extremely public spots to prevent misuse.
- Ensure proper lighting and clearly visible placement for customers to scan code easily.
Step 2: Testing QR Code
- To test, scan the code using a different phone with the BharatPe app.
- Initiate a small test transaction by entering Rs 10-20.
- Confirm receipt of the test transaction in your linked bank account. Indicates successful setup.
Step 3: Promoting Digital Payments
- Offer incentives like discounts or cashback for payments via the BharatPe QR code.
- Display banners and posters indicating BharatPe QR payment acceptance.
- Train staff to assist customers who face issues in scanning and paying via QR.
Troubleshooting Common Issues With Solutions
Facing issues? We have listed many issues that one can face with easily tested solutions.
1. Customer unable to scan the QR code
- Check the QR code closely for damages, folds, tears, etc. Reprint if blurred or unclear.
- Replace QR codes with clear prints and eliminate scanner issues like low battery.
- Ensure proper placement and lighting. The QR code should be clear.
2. Failed transactions
- Ask the customer to try scanning the code again and initiating payment.
- Check for connectivity issues or interruptions in the internet/data.
- If the problem persists, contact BharatPe support for transaction troubleshooting.
3. Delayed settlements
- First, verify that the transaction was completed successfully on the customer’s end.
- Settlement delays could be on account of issues at the bank’s end. Follow up with your bank.
- Check your BharatPe account settings related to settlements. Contact support if delays persist.
Security Measures and Best Practices
- Do not share QR code images publicly on social media or messaging apps. This prevents unauthorized access and misuse.
- Change your BharatPe QR code periodically, like every 3-6 months. This makes it difficult for fraudsters to misuse older codes.
- Closely verify all transactions in your BharatPe dashboard. Immediately report any suspicious or unauthorized payments.
- Avoid storing the QR code image on public computers or shared drives. Restrict access only to trusted staff handling payments.
- Print and place QR codes at spots only openly visible to some customers. For example, at the billing desk instead of the shop entrance.
Obtaining a personalized BharatPe QR code is easy and convenient and helps businesses embrace digital payments. Ensure all eligibility criteria are met, generate the QR code via the BharatPe app, and display it prominently for customers. With proper setup and security precautions, BharatPe QR can help enhance sales and efficiency for your business.