Paytm Postpaid has become a popular way for Paytm users to access short-term credit for their shopping and payments. However, the initial limit provided might not be enough for some users. The good news is you can easily increase your Paytm Postpaid limit up to Rs 1 lakh based on your usage and repayment history.
In this detailed guide, we will be sharing all the information on how to increase your Paytm Postpaid credit limit. We will also cover the basics of Paytm Postpaid, the criteria for deciding the limit, step-by-step methods to increase the Paytm Postpaid limit, applicable charges, uses of the balance, and some frequently asked questions. So, let’s get started!
What is Paytm Postpaid?
With Paytm Postpaid, you get an initial credit limit, which can be used for shopping on Paytm as well as paying bills, recharges, and at local merchants. The used credit amount has to be repaid next month by the due date.
Some key benefits of Paytm Postpaid are:
- Interest-free short-term credit.
- Flexible repayments – pay next month.
- Faster checkout without instant payments.
- Track expenses in one Postpaid account.
How is Paytm Postpaid Limit Decided?
When you first sign up for Paytm Postpaid, your credit limit is decided based on:
- Your past transaction history on Paytm – higher wallet usage helps.
- Your credit score and credit history from CIBIL and other bureaus.
- Income declared during KYC verification.
- Internal risk assessment is done by ICICI Bank.
The initial Paytm Postpaid limit is usually between Rs. 3000 to Rs. 10,000 for new users. Higher limits up to Rs. 60,000 can be given to eligible customers based on the above criteria.
Some key factors that influence your credit limit:
- Longer association with Paytm wallet – over 6 months helps.
- Frequency of transactions – regular usage builds a case.
- Making timely repayments on past credits availed on Paytm or other platforms.
- A credit score above 750 has a higher chance of getting a good limit.
- Declaring higher income also helps improve eligibility.
So new users start small but can build their limit over time by developing good credit behaviour!
How to Increase Paytm Postpaid Limit?
Here are the most effective ways to increase your Paytm Postpaid limit:
Method 1: Use Paytm Postpaid Frequently
If you want to increase your Paytm Postpaid limit, then shop more on Paytm using your Postpaid facility. Doing this builds your transaction history. You can make utility bill payments; and mobile recharges using Postpaid. You can even repay dues on time every month. Having a healthy repayment history helps improve your limit.
Method 2: Pay Dues on Time
Another method would be to clear your Paytm Postpaid dues before the due date every month. This builds creditworthiness and will increase the limit. We suggest you avoid delayed repayments as this can negatively impact your credit score, and you might face stepbacks.
Method 3: Check Limit Regularly
As you build your repayment history, your limit is automatically increased by Paytm/ICICI Bank. It can go up to Rs. 1 lakh based on your usage and timely repayments. Therefore, make sure to check your limit often.
Method 4: Contact Customer Support
If you want a hassle-free method, then you can also directly request an increase in your Postpaid limit by contacting Paytm Customer Support. They will ask you to submit the required documents like PAN, Aadhar, and income proof. The limit can be manually increased on request based on a good credit profile.
Method 5: Maintain Overall Good Credit
Having a high credit score and healthy credit history from other loans/credit cards also helps get a better Postpaid limit. You can have access to a lot of services easily by maintaining your credit!
Paytm Postpaid Charges
There are no charges or fees for Paytm Postpaid if you repay your dues on or before the due date. Late payment fees and interest are charged on delayed repayments:
- Rs. 50 late payment penalty!
- The interest of 3% per month on the outstanding amount.
- This can negatively impact your credit score.
- Prolonged non-payments can result in credit restrictions.
- 2.5% fuel surcharge when buying fuel using Postpaid.
- A convenience fee may apply on certain bill payments.
Being disciplined about repaying on time helps avoid extra charges and penalties.
Uses of Paytm Postpaid Balance
Wondering what are the uses of Paytm postpaid balance? Well, you can use your Paytm Postpaid balance for a lot of expenses!
- Mobile/DTH recharges
- Utility bill payments
- Shopping on Paytm Mall
- Paying at local merchants and shops.
- Booking travel tickets like hotels, and flights.
- And for any other payments on the Paytm platform.
Since there is no interest, it provides short-term liquidity to complete payments and then repay comfortably next month.
Why should You apply for Paytm Postpaid?
There are a lot of reasons why one should apply for Paytm postpaid. Here are some key benefits of Paytm Postpaid and reasons to apply!
- Get access to short-term credit for your shopping and payments.
- Enjoy an interest-free credit period of up to 1 month.
- Delay payments – pay the bill by the 7th of next month.
- Track expenses easily in one Postpaid account.
- Faster checkout without the need for instant payments.
- The easy KYC process is done digitally.
- Quick disbursal into a Postpaid account after the application.
- Credit limit increase over time-based on repayment discipline.
Paytm Postpaid provides useful liquidity to manage monthly payments and shop immediately. With responsible usage, it can provide flexibility in your finances.
This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know about increasing your Paytm Postpaid limit. The key is to use it regularly, repay on time, maintain a good credit profile, and request an increase after building a repayment history.
With disciplined usage, you can easily improve your limit up to Rs 1 lakh over time. Paytm Postpaid provides useful short-term credit but uses it responsibly. If you’ve any doubts, feel free to drop them in the comment section below!
1) How much limit can I get as a new user?
The starting limit for new users is Rs. 3000 to Rs. 10000. It increases gradually based on repayment history.
2) Is there a minimum order amount for the limit increase?
No, but the higher frequency and amount of transactions help build the case for a limit increase.
3) Can I get a 1 lakh limit when I first apply?
It’s very unlikely! The limit is increased gradually based on usage and repayment track record.