If you are wondering how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without Backup, then you are not alone. It’s common to accidentally delete crucial WhatsApp messages or entire conversations that you want to keep. This could especially be a problem if you use WhatsApp for business communications.
If you don’t have a current backup on Google Drive or iCloud, you still have options to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on your Android phone or iPhone devices.
Tools like MobileTrans, Enigma Recovery, and Dr.Fone allow you to restore chats without needing a backup. So, let’s get started and see how you can restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup on Android and iOS devices!
Checking For Existing Backups
Before trying other recovery methods, check if your chats are backed up:
- iPhone users can check iCloud backup for WhatsApp under Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Manage Storage.
- Android users can see Google Drive backup in WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
If a backup exists, you can restore from it to get your deleted messages back.
How To Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup on Android
Since Android has local storage, you can use the WhatsApp database to restore deleted messages without a backup. Here’s how to restore chats from local backup:
Step 1: Go to File Manager on your Android device and find the WhatsApp folder.
Step 2: Navigate to the Databases folder and select the backup you want to restore.
Step 3: Rename the file from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt14 to msgstore.db.crypt14.
Step 4: Uninstall and reinstall the latest WhatsApp version.
Step 5: Verify your number and tap ‘Restore’ when prompted.
This will restore chats from the local backup file on your Android device storage.
How To Use MobileTrans to Restore Deleted Messages?
You can also use the MobileTrans software to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android without backup:
Step 1: Download and install MobileTrans on your computer.
Step 2: Connect your Android phone and launch the ‘Deleted WhatsApp Data Restore’ option.
Step 3: Follow on-screen instructions to permit WhatsApp installation and data access.
Step 4: Log into your WhatsApp account in the tool.
Step 5: Select the deleted messages to restore and recover them to your device.
MobileTrans provides an easy WhatsApp recovery solution for Android users.
How To Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup on iPhone
Since iPhones don’t have local backups, you need to use a third-party iOS data recovery app to restore deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone without backup. Some options are:
- Enigma Recovery
- iMyFone D-Back
Let’s see how to use Enigma Recovery. Enigma Recovery provides an easy way to restore lost WhatsApp messages on an iPhone without backup:
Step 1: First download and install the Enigma Recovery app on your Windows or Mac computer.
Step 2: Now connect your iPhone to the computer using the USB cable provided. This will link it to Enigma Recovery.
Step 3: Launch the Enigma Recovery app, and it will prompt you to select the type of data you want to recover. Choose ‘WhatsApp’ from the list.
Step 4: On the next screen, click on ‘Start Scan’ to begin scanning your iPhone for deleted WhatsApp data.
Step 5: Enigma Recovery will thoroughly scan all the contents of your phone and back to find deleted WhatsApp messages and attachments.
Step 6: Once the scan is 100% complete, you’ll see a screen with the deleted WhatsApp data that can be recovered.
Step 7: Carefully select the messages and chats you want to restore by checking them.
Step 8: Finally, click on ‘Export & Restore’ to retrieve the selected lost WhatsApp conversations back to your iPhone.
This quick 3-step process makes Enigma Recovery a user-friendly tool to recover lost WhatsApp data on iPhone from any time period.
How To Restore Deleted Messages of a Single Contact
If you want to selectively restore deleted WhatsApp messages from only a single contact or chat:
- First, uninstall and fully reinstall the WhatsApp app on your phone.
- When prompted during the new installation, tap on ‘Restore’ to restore your chat history and messages.
- Once the restoration is completed, open WhatsApp and go to the chat of the specific contact whose deleted messages you want to retrieve.
- Carefully scroll up through the chat history, and you should now see the messages that were previously deleted.
- Do note that this will only work to restore messages that were already backed up by WhatsApp before they were deleted.
- If the messages were never backed up at all, then there is no way to recover them using this method.
- Selectively restoring specific chats can help avoid clutter from restoring all conversations.
Immediately Restoring Accidentally Deleted Messages
If you accidentally delete a WhatsApp message and instantly regret it:
- WhatsApp provides a short 5-second undo window after deleting a message.
- If you tap the ‘Undo’ button within this time, the message will be immediately restored as if it was never deleted.
- However, if you do not press the ‘Undo’ button within 5 seconds, the message will be permanently deleted, and there is no way to restore it.
- So, if you change your mind right after deleting a message, react quickly and tap the undo button within the small time window.
- If the undo time has elapsed, the message will be completely removed from your chat history and can only be recovered if you have a previously saved backup.
- The instant ‘Undo’ capability lets you reverse accidental message deletions if you act fast enough. Leverage this feature to rescue your messages.
Final Tips for Securing Chat History
Losing WhatsApp chat history can be frustrating, but there are some tips you can follow to keep your data more secure:
- Enable automated cloud backup to Google Drive or iCloud for an extra layer of safety. This provides an automatic secondary backup if messages are accidentally deleted from your device.
- Take periodic manual backups to your computer or other external storage. This acts as an additional backup that gives you greater control.
- Encrypt your WhatsApp backup for enhanced security. Set a password to encrypt backups so only you can access chats if your cloud account is compromised.
- Turn on chat history security in WhatsApp’s Privacy settings. This adds an extra layer of encryption to prevent unauthorized access to your backed-up messages.
- Export important or sensitive chats to document files or PDFs outside WhatsApp. This provides accessible copies of crucial conversations outside the app.
Following these best practices diligently will give you peace of mind and prevent accidental or malicious deletion of important WhatsApp conversations.
The WhatsApp backup provides the simplest way to restore deleted messages. These third-party apps also enable recovery without needing a backup. You can select the best method for your platform. This easy guide will help you restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup. Need more guidance? Stay tuned with us!