Finding your WhatsApp number or account suddenly banned can be a pretty frustrating moment, especially if you rely on WhatsApp to stay in touch with important contacts. If you see the message ‘Your phone number is banned from using WhatsApp,’ don’t worry – this detailed guide will explain exactly how to recover your banned WhatsApp number quickly and easily in 2023.
We’ll answer questions like ‘How can I unban my WhatsApp number?’ and How to fix the ‘This account is not allowed to use WhatsApp’ error. There’s no need to download shady third-party apps claiming to unban your number – just follow the steps outlined here.
Types Of WhatsApp Number Or Account Bans
WhatsApp has recently taken the huge step of banning accounts more aggressively. You may suddenly see your account hit with either a temporary or permanent ban.
- Temporary Ban – Usually easy to get unbanned quickly.
- Permanent Ban – More difficult, depending on the severity of the violation.
If your ban is temporary, your case is less serious, and you should be able to get back on WhatsApp quickly. Temporary bans can last anywhere from 24-48 hours to several days.
But don’t panic if you get the dreaded permanent ban – this guide will cover how to recover even from a permanent ban. First, let’s understand why WhatsApp numbers get banned in the first place.
Why WhatsApp Accounts Get Banned?
Here are some of the main reasons behind WhatsApp bans:
- Sending bulk marketing messages.
- Messaging unknown people.
- Sending illegal, obscene, or threatening content.
- Spreading fake news or suspicious links.
- Because of using offensive words in your name or group names.
- Sharing fake viral videos and spamming groups.
- Using unauthorized modded versions of WhatsApp.
I personally use GBWhatsApp and love the extra features, but WhatsApp has started cracking down on modded app users. If that’s why your account was banned, don’t worry – you can still get unbanned.
How To Unban Your WhatsApp Number Quickly?
If your ban is temporary, getting back on WhatsApp is straightforward:
Step 1: Uninstall GBWhatsApp or any other modded apps.
Step 2: Reinstall official WhatsApp from the Play Store.
Step 3: Log into your account and wait out the ban timer.
Once the timer runs out, your account will be unbanned! Remember to delete any unauthorized apps first, or your ban may get extended.
How To Fix A Permanent WhatsApp Account Ban?
Did you make a more serious mistake, like harassing someone or spreading dangerous misinformation? Even permanent bans can be lifted by appealing directly to WhatsApp:
Step 1: Uninstall existing WhatsApp and install a fresh official version.
Step 2: Attempt to log in and tap ‘Support’ on the ban message.
Step 3: Clearly explain why you believe the ban was unfair in your appeal.
Step 4: Send an appeal and wait 24 hours for WhatsApp to review.
Step 5: If you don’t hear back in 24 hours, send an appeal email to the WhatsApp support team.
This process takes some patience, but be polite and honest in your appeal, and there’s a good chance your account will be unbanned!
What To Do For ‘This Account Cannot Use WhatsApp’ Message?
Seeing ‘This account cannot use WhatsApp, register with a different number’ when trying to sign up? This happens when the previous owner of your new SIM number is banned by WhatsApp.
Follow these steps if you’re sure you didn’t violate any policies:
Step 1: Uninstall any modded apps and install the latest official WhatsApp.
Step 2: Attempt to create a new account.
Step 3: If the ‘cannot use WhatsApp’ error appears, install WhatsApp Business.
Step 4: Try creating an account again.
Step 5: If still banned, tap support and explain the situation.
With some patience, WhatsApp should get you back up and running within a few business days.
How To Avoid Future WhatsApp Bans?
Once unbanned, take steps to stay in good standing on WhatsApp:
- Only use the official app. Unauthorized modded versions often lead to bans.
- Never send bulk messages or spam without explicit approval from WhatsApp. Even with a business account, follow all policies on messaging.
- Be cautious about sharing private, disturbing, or inappropriate content. You could be banned for forwarding something sent by another user.
- Help keep WhatsApp clean by reporting suspicious accounts, illegal activity, spam, or other abuse.
- Verify links and files are from trusted sources before downloading or tapping to avoid malware. Double-check any QR code logins.
The key is being a responsible user – millions use WhatsApp smoothly every day by following the rules. You can avoid future issues by doing the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How long does a WhatsApp ban last?
Temporary bans typically last 24-48 hours. Permanent bans remain until you successfully appeal.
2) Why does WhatsApp say, ‘Your account is not allowed’?
This means your account was banned for violating the Terms of Service, likely due to suspicious activity.
3) What if I think my ban was unfair?
Email the WhatsApp support team explaining why you feel the ban was unjustified. Provide relevant details to help your case.
4) How can I email WhatsApp to appeal my ban?
Send ban appeals to [email protected]. Include your phone number and explain why your account should be unbanned.
5) What are the fastest ways to get unbanned?
For temporary bans, just wait it out. For permanent, appeal ASAP with a polite, detailed explanation of why your ban was unfair.
6) Can someone unban me instantly?
There are no instant unbanning methods, unfortunately. You must go through the official WhatsApp appeal process.
7) How do I prevent getting banned again?
Only use the official app, don’t spam, don’t spread fake news, and respect others’ privacy. Violating Terms of Service risks a ban.
8) What happens when my account is banned?
You’ll be unable to send/receive messages, make calls, or update your status. You’ll see a notice that your account is banned.