Paytm has significantly changed the way we make digital transactions. With the help of its popular mobile payment method, Unified Payments Interface (UPI), Paytm users can now quickly and easily make secure money transfers directly from their bank accounts without any hassle.
When you make online money transfers using Paytm UPI, a unique UPI reference number is automatically generated, which is known as the Paytm transaction ID. A Paytm transaction ID is a unique 12-digit number that is generated for every transaction done via Paytm.
This includes mobile recharges, utility bill payments, travel ticket bookings, UPI money transfers, Paytm wallet recharges or payments, and more.
What is Transaction ID & How Is It Generated?
The Paytm transaction ID is a 12-digit alpha-numeric code that is automatically generated when a transaction is initiated on the platform. This ID is unique for every single transaction. Some examples of transactions where a Paytm transaction ID is generated are:
- Mobile prepaid or postpaid recharge.
- Electricity, gas, and water bill payments.
- Metro recharge or online ticket booking.
- Flight, train, or bus ticket bookings.
- UPI money transfers from a bank account.
- Paytm wallet recharge or payments.
Since the ID is unique, it can be used to identify each transaction and access its details on Paytm. The transaction ID does not change and remains the same over time for a particular transaction.
How to Find Transaction ID In Paytm?
If you need to find the transaction ID for a particular transaction on Paytm, just follow these simple steps:
- Open the Paytm app on your phone and tap on ‘Passbook’.
- Under ‘Passbook’, tap on ‘Balance & History’.
- Here you will see a list of all transactions. Tap on the specific transaction for which you need the ID.
- This will open the transaction details screen. Look for ‘UPI Reference Number’ on top.
- The 12-digit number beside it is the transaction ID you need.
The transaction ID can be easily viewed and noted down from here. Do remember that for different types of transactions, the ID may be shown under different fields like recharge ID, booking ID, etc. But the process of viewing remains the same.
Why is a transaction ID important for Paytm users?
The Paytm transaction ID serves some key purposes for users of the platform:
- Track Money Transfers: One of the most important uses of the transaction ID is to track the status of money transfers made from your bank account to a recipient’s account via Paytm UPI. You can check if the transferred amount has been successfully debited from your account and credited to the recipient using the ID.
- Transaction History: The transaction ID allows you to check the detailed history of any particular transaction on Paytm. It provides information like transaction date, time, transferred amount, status, remarks, etc. related to that specific transaction.
- Customer Support: If you face any issue regarding a failed transaction, incorrect amount deduction, etc. you can get help from Paytm customer support by providing them with the transaction ID. They can use the ID to check details and resolve your complaints.
- Unique Identification: The ID acts as a unique confirmation code and reference number for each Paytm transaction. You can use it to identify or verify a particular transaction from your history.
In summary, the Paytm transaction ID is a unique 12-digit code that is generated for every transaction initiated on the platform. It enables tracking status, accessing history, reaching customer support, and identifying each transaction.
By following the step-by-step process, any Paytm user can easily view the transaction ID for any of their past transactions. This ID can be very useful for resolving queries or issues related to Paytm orders or payments.